Protecting your privacy is important to IHC Specialty Benefits. We want you to understand what information we collect and how we use it. In order to provide our services as conveniently as possible, we use technology to manage, maintain and secure customer information.
Please read on for details about our practices for handling and securing personal information we may collect.
What Information We Collect
"Personal information" is nonpublic information about you that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you.. We gather this information either because we are required to report it to the federal government or need this information to properly maintain your account with us. We may collect "personal information" about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
- Information we receive from third parties. Examples are other financial institutions, membership associations (such as Communicating for Agriculture and the Self-Employed, Inc.) and consumer reporting agencies.
What Information We Disclose
We do not disclose any personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted or required by law. Nevertheless, when we believe an unrelated company offers products or services that would be of interest to you, we may communicate with you about them. These companies will not learn about your relationship with us unless you respond to their offer.
To Whom We Disclose Information
- Where administratively necessary to provide products and services we may share your information with unrelated companies who provide services through contractual agreements; however, these service providers will not be allowed to market products to you and shall be required to protect your information as if the services were performed by our own employees;
- Related companies that perform administrative, marketing or other functions on our behalf. Related companies include companies related to us by commons ownership, membership associations (such as Communicating for Agriculture and the Self-Employed, Inc.) and your HSA custodian;
- Nonaffiliated third parties as permitted or required by law.
Our Security Procedures
We take steps to safeguard customer information. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you and other listed above under the heading To Whom We Disclose Information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Keeping your information accurate and up to date is very important to us. You have the right of access and correction with respect to the information collected except information which relates to a claim or civil or criminal proceeding.
What else should I know about my privacy when online?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online outside of our secure member website - for example through e-mail, discussion lists, or elsewhere - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.
Your Consent to this Agreement
Last updated 05/29/08.